Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


This week I'm celebrating:

- It was Jamie's birthday on Monday, so we celebrated by having a takeaway and watching the latest Captain America movie. I made him a red velvet cake, too, which was lovely. 

- Yesterday I handed my notice in at work to step down from the role I'm currently in. The 50-60 hour weeks are just getting too much for me to handle, so it looks like I'll be going back down to being contracted just 25 hours a week. It'll be a struggle financially, and I'll have to pick up overtime to combat that, but it'll give me more time to do the things I love, like blogging and writing, that I just don't get time for at the moment. It'll also be better for my health and well-being; doing that amount of hours for so long has left me so exhausted. 

Comments

  1. Wow - 50-60 hour weeks sound insane. Sometimes the money just isn't worth it - especially if you feel more like your normal self again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of hours. At that point, you have no life because you're exhausted all the time. Smart move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sacrifices can be tough, but taking care of yourself and you family is most important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hate a job with that many hours as well. Hope the new schedule works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on recognising work is getting to be too much. Hopefully stepping down your hours will allow you to be healthier and happier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration. I'll bet the red velvet cake was delicious! That many hours would leave me exhausted, too. The new schedule might be less money, but your health is worth it. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do what's best for your health. Making more money won't help in the long run if you're too tired or sick to enjoy it. That birthday celebration sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!