What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I just finished reading Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor, which was amazing, of course. Now I'm reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, which I'm actually enjoying more than I did the first one; maybe it's just because I'm used to the world now. I wish I had more time to read - I'm not getting through many books at the minute!

2. What I'm writing

Still not much right now, but I have big plans for what I'll be writing over the next few weeks. I have three separate deadlines coming up for short stories, and I am determined to meet them! I've planned it all in my timetable, and that means I mean business! I've gone far too long without writing, and I don't intend it to go on any longer.

3. What else I've been up to

My sister had her engagement party on Sunday, which was fun. She got engaged a few weeks ago now, but her and her fiancé have been trying to find a time when both families could get together. This didn't happen until last Sunday, which was slightly unfortunate because the weather was terrible and we'd all planned on having a barbecue. It ended up being a really good day though; we just grilled everything inside instead.

4. What inspires me right now

The ideas I have for the aforementioned short stories I need to write, and my motivation to start writing properly again. I really have missed it! I can't wait to get started. 
Also, I'm getting really excited about winter and all the fun it will bring; Halloween and Christmas being the main events. I'm one of those weird people that tolerates summer and absolutely adores winter, so I really love this time of year. 

Comments

  1. Good luck with your deadlines :D

    Haha, winter ^^; Nope, not quite ready to let go of summer yet, not even for the sake of my cosy winter boots :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make those deadlines!
    Even with the rain, glad the families got together this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of looking forward to winter, too. But I have my summer vacation next week, so not until after that...

    I haven't read either of those series, but I hope to one day change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Halloween! Congrats to your sister on her engagement and I'm glad the celebration turned out alright. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news about your sister, and I am pleased to see you plan to write. I have hit writers block and have now hit a blank but I am not going to let that stop me. . . . . . So I wish you loads of luck and will in cyberspace waving flags to help, OK you can't see me but I'll be there . . have the faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have messed the typing up there. . . I think my mind is failing as I get older or my hands are too far away from my brain.

      Delete
  6. Good luck getting back into your writing, and congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with those short story deadlines! :) I love the Lunar Chronicles series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura!! Congrats to your sister on her engagement :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your sister. What am I reading? I'm getting ready to borrow some old notes from a friend, classes start in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go get those deadlines - Woot! Woot!
    And congratulations to your sister. I'm sure you're all excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have the ideas of what to write is half the battle. I'm stuck on a scene right now but will figure it out while I mow the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, three short stories in a few weeks is ambitious. Good luck, and great to see you again! I'm sure Halloween will be here before we know it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!