What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I finished reading Book of Shadows, which was pretty good - I'll be reading the rest of the series. I also read The Memory Game, which I got free from Netgalley, and it really surprised me. I was hooked from the start, and the ending managed to completely surprise me - a hard thing to do. 
I'm now reading Smoke and Mirrors, by Neil Gaiman. I love short stories, and these are great - out of the ordinary.

2. What I'm writing

A to Z posts - still! I need to get a move on, I can't believe it's almost April. As soon as I finish scheduling my A to Z posts, I'm going to crack on with my NaNo novel - it seriously needs some attention. Lots of revisions planned.

3. What else I've been up to

I was back to work on Thursday, so I've mostly been working, reading and scheduling A to Z posts this week.

4. What inspires me right now

I'm still feeling motivated from my time off work, and hopefully that'll last a long time. I've seen a lot of sun lately, too, and that definitely inspires me. 

Comments

  1. Hi, Laura. I didn't know Neil Gaiman had a book of short stories! Love him and short stories so I definitely have to get that book. Good luck finishing up your A to Z posts!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say where I am with my A-Z posts. *Hides* Good luck with A-Z and glad that you found books you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less than a week to the Challenge! Mine are all written and now I'm going through and formatting them so all I have to do is cut and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the A-Z posts. It'll be fun to see what everyone has done this year. Glad the sun is coming out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the A-Z challenge! :D I really need to check out some of Neil Gaiman's short stories, as I love his novels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun is beyond inspiring. It's amazing how much the weather affects my mood. :)

    Also, yay for A-Z! Not doing it this year, but I'll check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's just something about sun and spring that inspires me to get things done. Probably because we have more daylight hours as well. Sadly, we just got dumped on with more snow, so spring is a ways off yet. Sounds like you're getting lots done with your A to Z posts! Hope you have a great week, Laura! And that your motivation hangs around for a good long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been working on my A - Z posts too - so much to do, so much to do! I'll have to check out some of those books you mentioned. My reading list is pretty long, but it's always good to add new books to the list.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to START on mine! I know I will be writing many of them mere days before they need to be posted. But isn't that what a challenge is all about.

    I think it's great that so many bloggers are writing them beforehand, but to me it's so much more exciting when you're under a deadline! LOL. I guess I'm crazy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only ever read NEVERWHERE and CORALINE by Neil Gaiman, so I definitely need to check out more of his writing sometime. I have STARDUST sitting on my shelf too, and I've been meaning to read it for ages. I'd never heard of his book of short stories, so I'll have to keep that in mind. Best of luck with your A-Z posts and your NaNo project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the A to Z Challenge! Love your reading list right now. I've been struggling to get through a couple books--too distracted by the pretty pretty blogosphere and deadlines and edits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just finished my A to Z posts. I just need to go over them one last time before I am all set :) Havea great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with revisions and A to Z. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't gotten to Smoke and Mirrors yet. Must do that. Here's to some time off work! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!