What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I'm currently reading The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan. I read The Faerie Guardian last week, I'm really loving this series! I'm hoping to get more reading time now that I've finished NaNo; it's been awful not being able to properly sink my teeth into this series! 

2. What I'm writing

Nothing! I finished NaNo on Monday, so I'm taking a well-deserved break from writing. I don't really have the time anyway, what with the big move this weekend!

3. What else I've been up to

I spent most of my weekend writing, trying to get NaNo finished, which I did on Monday. The rest of the time has been spent packing and sending stuff over to Hull, which is where I'm moving to this weekend.

4. What inspires me right now

I'm inspired by finishing NaNo; I'm not entirely happy with the ending of my story, but I'm proud of myself for getting the 50000 words down, especially since I've been really busy this month. I'm looking forward to getting starting on edits and revisions for it. 

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing NaNo!!! I reached 50k on Sunday but still haven't finished the MS yet. I'm really hoping I will before November is up.
    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your NaNo win! I hope you have a chance to celebrate. That's quite an accomplisment! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing Nano! **yayyyy!**

    One of the toughest aspects of Nano is that it's a draft. I also want to change stuff in my Nano novel and I really wanted to while I was writing, but I had to be disciplined to get to 50k and then save revision for later. It will always take 3-4 drafts to get the story in shape anyway, so at least now you can celebrate achieving the original goal of finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing NaNo! It's a great feeling of accomplishment! I'm never happy with my first drafts, but that's what editing is for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move! Don't let it make you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should definitely be inspired by finishing NaNo! And before the cut-off too. Wow! I hope the move goes smoothly and that things begin to slow down a bit for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing NaNo! I too am enjoying some downtime. It feels really wonderful to take time out and refresh my mind. Enjoy every minute :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, that's great that you got to 50,000 words! You can always go back and edit. So I think that deserves a huge congrats!

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing Nano Laura once again, you really do deserve a nice break now but you might not get a full one any time soon with the big move coming up, good luck with it Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning NaNo!!! That is AMAZING!!! And it doesn't matter how awful that first draft is. Just get it down. Second draft: fix it up. :)

    Good luck with the move and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing NaNo! Enjoy your break. You earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the move. It will be interesting to see what effect it has on your blog. We are all products of our surroundings and the view out of the window as we watch the little old ladies in the park as they feed the ducks to the crocodiles . . . . . . Hang on that's not right I better go and have words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura. Congrats on finishing NaNO. For the first time, I didn't. Just too much research to do and I didn't want to waste time writing rubbish just to get finished.
    I'll think of you as you move this weekend. Hope it's not too stressful!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!