Express Yourself - Luck

Time for the weekly dose of Express Yourself, co-hosted by Dani and Jackie.


This week's question is: Do you have a lucky charm or a lucky ritual?

I don't think I have any particular lucky charms. I have a ring that I wear all the time that I don't like taking off (I have this fear that something bad will happen if I do!) but that's about it. Hmm lucky rituals...I don't think I have any lucky rituals, as I tend to believe that we make our own luck. I do have rituals though, and I have to do things in certain ways sometimes, but my mind has gone blank and I can't think of an example.

I 'touch wood' a lot. If I'm talking about anything bad happening, I'll touch wood to prevent it from happening to me. For example, I've never had a broken bone, so if I say that out loud I'll touch wood to make sure I don't get any in future. (Actually just touched some wood; I'd like my body to stay unbroken!)

Also, I used to love the cereal Lucky Charms, but they stopped doing it over here for some bizarre reason.

Here's hoping I have a more interesting answer for next week's question!

Comments

  1. They don't have Lucky Charms in England anymore??? What's this world coming to?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's awful! I think we can still get them off Amazon, but not in supermarkets. Oh well :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have a lucky charm or rituals...except saying 'God, help me to write.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel I should knock on wood more often. lol I'm the person who will say "At least this hasn't happened yet," and then...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I do it, I jinx myself otherwise!

      Delete
  4. I like the idea about the ring, something like that can eventually get into your head and refuse to leave you so it's best to keep it on, love this idea Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cereal isn't my favorite. Yuck! But it's crazy they don't have them over there.
    I knock on wood all the time. Especially if I feel jinxed cause someone said something out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also touch wood if I say something I hope does not happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't really have lucky rituals but my husband likes the number 7 because he thinks it brings happy events. Also, we're rather fond of Leprechauns because they're so cute and mischievious. Since my husband is Irish, the little fellows fit in nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!