Thinking Positive

So, I'm usually a very optimistic person - it takes a lot to bring me down. But this time last month, I  wasn't the happiest I could have been for a number of reasons. The main one was a lack of direction in my life - I'd been trying for a while to get onto a PGCE course, but had been rejected both times I'd gone for an interview. I also had money trouble (same as most other people, I guess), but this one doesn't bother me too much, because I have a job and a lot of people can't get one.
Now, however, I'm very happy - I've come to realise in the past couple of weeks that the only reason I was trying to get into teaching was because I've never thought of myself doing anything else. But the truth is, I don't think I'd make a very good teacher. So I got to thinking about what I am good at: reading and writing, which are necessary skills for a Journalist. I'd never thought of a career as a Journalist before, but the more I thought about it, the more enthusiastic I became about going into it.
Now, I'm doing voluntary work at a magazine based where I live. I went in today for the first time and met everyone and they all seem very friendly - I think I'll enjoy working with them a lot! And I wrote my first pieces for them too, about cartoons from my childhood, so that was a lot of fun!
So now my optimism has returned, yay! My life feels like it's going somewhere for the first time in about half a year, and I like the direction it's going in :)
And now, I'm going to eat my steak and chips for dinner and watch Lord of the Rings :D

Comments

  1. Positive thinking it help us for everyday living! it make us confident always..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!